Meal prep ambassador, Jessica Magill is showing you how you can meal prep to your specific dietary needs.Jessica is a vegetarian and 14 weeks pregnant with baby number 4 (congratulations!) so it’s all veggie-only at her house!
“I want to show mums that eating well doesn’t have to be expensive or time consuming,”she says.
Jessica made 43 meals and 38 snacks for under $120 in only few hours! WOW.
Epic vegetarian meal prep
Jessica’s top tips for meal prep
- Pick recipes with similar ingredients so you can buy in bulk and save money!
- Make double batches of the same recipe – again this saves money but it also only takes a few extra minutes for a lot of extra food!
- Think about what you’re making and organise yourself so you’re making the recipes that take longest first. Eg start a lasagne first so that it can bake in the oven while you whip up a soup or bolognese.
- Clean as you go, there’s nothing worse than finishing a big prep and having to clean up!
- Shop fruit and veg in season – I always swap veg around to suit our taste and budget. Frozen vegetables/fruit are often a cheaper alternative too.
What Jessica made
Ricotta + spinach lasagne x 8
Try this budget, family friendly Spinach and Sweet Potato Lasagne
Mexican Sweet Potato Shepard’s Pie x 5
“I replaced mince with black beans and extra kidney beans to make this vegetarian,”Jessica said.
This recipe is available in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipe hub.