Oats are one of nature’s super-foods! They are 100 per cent whole grain, high in fibre and contain vitamins and minerals. They are low in calories and can lower the risk of heart disease. No wonder Healthy Mummy community member, Leah, was on a mission to make 10 healthy (and totally) filling oat recipes.
We have no doubt these 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipes will get you excited for breakfast!
10 healthy and filling oat recipes that will get you excited for breakfast
1. Creamy, Dreamy Strawberry Porridge
A little twist on this standard breakfast dish and a nice way to sweeten your morning. You can find the recipe for these yummy Strawberry Cream Oats in our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge Recipe Hub and with only 347 calories per serve, it is sure to become a favourite.
2. Healthy and Chewy Coconut Oat Cereal Bars
Looking for the perfect breakfast to grab and go? Look no further than these delish coconut oat cereal bars. Packed with healthy fats, complex carbs and fibre, they’re ideal for those busy mornings. Check out the recipe HERE.
3.Baked Oats With Bananas & Berries
With a prep time of only 5 minutes, how could you not add this one to your kitchen repertoire?
Prepare this delicious baked oats recipe in advance and then just re-heat it when you’re ready to serve. You can find this recipe in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge Recipe Hub.
4. Banana, Oat and Vanilla Healthy Mummy smoothie
Want to up the ante in your morning smoothie? Try adding some oats. This creamy and delicious recipe combines banana, rolled oats and Healthy Mummy vanilla smoothie mix for the ultimate hunger busting drink. Check out the recipe HERE.
5. Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
This yummy breakfast dish from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge Recipe Hub is a delicious blend of chia and oats with a great peanut butter taste! It’s a winner with only 352 calories per serve!
6. Oat & Cinnamon Pancakes
At only 289 calories, these pancakes are sure to become a family favourite. They are best prepared the night before and stored in the fridge so they are ready to go come the morning.
7. Strawberry Mousse with Oats and Almonds
Oats aren’t just for breakfast! Combined with coconut milk, ricotta and strawberries, they also make the perfect dessert!
Ingredients (makes 1 serve)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese (130 grams)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat coconut milk (62.5 mls)
- 1/2 punnet strawberries (125 grams)
- 1 tsp ground almonds (4 grams)
- 1/4 cup rolled oats (25 grams)
- 2 tsp flaked almonds (8 grams)
- In a food processor combine ricotta, coconut milk, strawberries and ground almonds.
- Process until well combined and smooth. Sprinkle with oats and almond flakes to serve.
369 calories per serve
8. Oat Pikelets
With only 5 minutes prep time, 5 minutes cook time and 5 main ingredients, you’ve got yourself another family winner! Just add lemon or honey to these delicious pikelets for a delicious morning or afternoon snack.
You can find this recipe in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge Recipe Hub.
9. Nutritious Date and Oat Bliss Balls
The perfect morning (or afternoon) pick me up, these date and oat bliss balls contain just 5 healthy ingredients and can be whipped up in a snap. Check out the recipe HERE.
10. Mint Chocolate Sundae Smoothie
Mint and chocolate are a match made in heaven. Add oats and some milk of choice to the mix and you’ve got one DELICIOUS smoothie.
Ingredients (makes 1 serve)
- 2 tbsp Healthy Mummy Smoothie Mix Chocolate (25 grams)
- 1 tablespoon rolled oats (8 grams)
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat Greek natural yogurt (30 grams)
- 1/2 tablespoon mint leaves (2.5 grams)
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk of choice (250 mls)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Are you ready to kick-start your weight loss?
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more about joining the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for £1 click here.