For some mums, the biggest challenge with having kids at school is what to pack them in their lunchbox every day!
The daily grind of trying to find original and healthy ideas for the lunch box can be tiresome, but that’s where the Healthy Mummy can help.
We thought we would give you some ideas to try and inspire some new additions for your kids’ lunch boxes or even your own lunch to take to work.
22 ideas for school lunchboxes
- Dips (like this delish Minty Beetroot Hummus, available in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipe hub)
- Celery sticks filled with cream cheese
- Grated cheese, carrot and sultanas in a little sealed tub
- Frozen yogurt (in that you freeze the yogurt in either the bought tub or spoon out some of your own and freeze)
- Frozen peas in a little tub
- Sushi (we love this No-Rice Salmon Avocado Sushi! Recipe available in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipe hub)
- Skewered fruit (for older kids)
- Skewered sandwiches (for older kids)
- Chicken or veggie kebabs (skewered for older kids)
- Skewered cherry tomatoes and cheese chunks (for older kids)
- Baked potato with toppings in separate little containers
- Homemade pizza slices (check out our Two Ingredient Pizza Dough for an easy homemade base)
- Veggie packed sausage rolls (like these Healthy ‘Hidden Veggie’ Sausage Rolls)
If you are a sandwich family think about some different toppings rather than ham and cheese.
- Tomato bruschetta (kept in separate tubs so the toasted bread doesn’t go soggy)
- Pesto and chicken
- Ham and scrambled egg with spinach
- Grated courgette with yogurt and grated parmesan cheese
- Cauliflower Cheese Toasted Sandwich (Check out the recipe here)
- Water with fruit (lemon or berries)
It is important that when sending off lunches to school that you have either an insulated cooler bag, a frozen block or use a frozen water bottle as ‘refrigeration’ so the food items do no go off.
Get more lunchbox recipes
Download our 16 page recipe pack jam packed nutritious & portable food ideas for healthy kids lunch boxes on a budget – GET IT HERE
Are you ready to kick-start your weight loss?
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more about joining the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for £1 click here.