Do you ever have cravings for chocolate, biscuits, apple pies, gingerbread or just SUGAR in general?
Sometimes it’s so hard to stay on track with your weight loss goals, with so much sweet stuff around.
In this article, we’ve rounded up 13 delicious Healthy Mummy Smoothie recipes that will satisfy your sweet tooth while keeping you full and on track with your weight loss.
Healthy Mummy Smoothies are the perfect meal to enjoy when you want to indulge in something sweet, without undoing all the hard work you’ve put in already on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
JOIN US THIS MONTH FOR THE SUGAR DETOX THEMED 28 DAY CHALLENGE!
Haven’t got a tub yet? Grab your Healthy Mummy Smoothie mixes here, in chocolate. strawberry or vanilla.
13 weight loss smoothies to combat sugar cravings
1. Banana Mocha Smoothie
When you fancy some coffee ice cream, try the Banana Mocha Smoothie and enjoy the coffee kick!
Recipe available in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipe hub.
2. Shortbread Smoothie
Mmmm a shortbread biscuit seems innocent enough, but seriously, who can stop at 1? Try this sweet smoothie instead, recipe below.
- 2 scoops Healthy Mummy Smoothie mix Vanilla (25g)
- Dash of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp ground almonds (15g)
- 1 tsp maple syrup (5ml)
- 1/2 frozen banana (45g)
- 300ml water
Blend on high speed until well combined.
3. Figgy Pudding Smoothie
Sweet and sticky figs can stop sugar cravings in their tracks. Find this one in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipe hub.
4. Sneaky Snickers
Do you fancy a chocolate bar? The Sneaky Snickers smoothie will hit the spot! Enjoy it warm on a cool morning.
5. Rocky Road Smoothie
Can’t choose between the strawberry AND chocolate smoothie powder? You don’t have to with the Rocky Road Smoothie!
6. Gingerbread Man Smoothie
It doesn’t have to be Christmas to have a craving for gingerbread! This smoothie will totally hit the spot. Grab it from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipe hub.
7. Chocolate Power Smoothie
This would be a great lunch to have when you have chocolate on the brain. The Chocolate Power Smoothie recipe is right here.
8. Apple Pie Smoothie
Yes you can have breakfast that tastes like dessert with this delicious Apple Pie Smoothie!
9. Choc Nut Pudding Smoothie
10. Caramel Cheesecake Smoothie
The flavours of cheesecake can be a massive craving crisis, or you can turn them into a healthy meal instead. Grab the recipe from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge hub.
11. Chocolate Biscuit Smoothie
Who doesn’t love a tasty chocolate biscuit? Now, you can drink it in the form of a smoothie! Grab the Chocolate Biscuit Smoothie recipe here.
12. Chocolate Doughnut Smoothie
If the doughnuts at the supermarket are calling you, head home and make this instead! While this is NOT any everyday smoothie (not with the added melted chocolate on the top and on the inside of the cup).
BUT we firmly believe in moderation and with two scoops of our Healthy Mummy Smoothie Mix in this decadent delight, you are guaranteed a lot of vitamins and minerals and nutrition with your indulgence!
- 1 wheat cereal biscuit eg Weetabix (15g)
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk of choice (250ml)
- 2 tsp cacao/cocoa powder (8g)
- 2 tbsp Healthy Mummy Smoothie Mix Chocolate (25g)
- 60g melted dark chocolate (optional)
- Line a flat baking tray with baking paper
- Pour 3/4 melted dark chocolate thinly onto baking paper in desired pattern
- Place in freezer until set
- Pour remaining melted dark chocolate in desired pattern on the side of your chosen smoothie cups
- Place cups inside freezer until chocolate is set – about 10 minutes (make sure to use freezer safe glass fragile glass may break in the freezer if you forget to take them out)
- Put wheat biscuit in a blender (leaving a few pinches aside for decoration if desired), pour over milk and leave for a few minutes, until wheat biscuit is mushy.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until well combined.
- Add set chocolate flourishes and wheat sprinkles (if desired)
- Can be made with heated milk and drunk warm.
13. Mint Chocolate Sundae
Are you ready to kick-start your weight loss?
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more about joining the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for £1 click here.