Struggling to fall asleep? These fruits may help you catch those much-needed zzzs!
Good news for those of you who find it hard to doze off no matter how tired you are, as experts have discovered that these two superfoods will help you get some shut-eye. Hurrah!
A recent study conducted by Louisiana State University found that people suffering from insomnia were able to have, on average, an extra 83 minutes sleep a night, by drinking cherry juice before bed.
Scientists believe the reason for this is because the fruit contains a substance called tryptophan, which turns into melatonin – a hormone responsible for feeling drowsy. Cherry juice – here we come!
We wonder if our delicious Choc-Cherry Slice would also do the trick?!
Another fruit that has been found to reduce sleep-induced issues are kiwis.
The Advances in Nutrition study found that eating two kiwis before bedtime will help you have a better night’s sleep.
Alongside our Choc-Cherry Slice you can get your sleepy fix with our other delicious recipes that use these natural sleep aids, like our Oats with Vanilla and Cherry Compote and Super Green Smoothie.
Are you ready to become a Healthy Mummy?
If you are wanting to lose weight and improve your energy – not to mention – help improve your overall health and wellbeing – our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an awesome program to check out.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans (including 7 Day Cleanse)
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!
To learn more about our 28 DAY WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE CLICK HERE