Here at The Healthy Mummy, we are great advocates of meal prepping to support weight loss. It is one of the best things you can do to help stay on track with your healthy eating.
It also helps to start your week off with a healthy, fresh mindset. Having all your 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge meals planned out and your fridge deliciously stocked helps you to look forward to the week ahead and get motivated!
Today our resident Healthy Mummy Meal Prep Queen, Sascha Farley, gives you a rundown of her week’s meal prep, where she made THIRTY serves of main meals in just ONE HOUR. She used ALL NEW recipes from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Read about Sascha’s incredible weight loss journey here.
Sascha says that she “made 30 main meals from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and spent just one hour in the kitchen.” WOW! What a great achievement. Who says healthy eating needs to take a long time to prepare?
“I’ve kept my meal plan nice and simple which works for us! This is just a snippet of one week. It changes all the time, we never get bored and in fact, this week is all recipes from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge that we have never tried before!!”
Here is what Sascha made in ONE HOUR:
“I always try to make sure there are 2-3 new things on the menu weekly!”
All of the recipes below are available in the recipe hub for members of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Not only did Sascha make 30 main meals, she also prepped her Healthy Mummy Smoothies and breakfasts for the week as well! Pancakes, anyone? Get Sascha’s five minute pancake recipe below!
6 serves of bacon, artichoke and ricotta frittata
“I whipped up the bacon, artichoke and ricotta frittata with enough ingredients for many more!!!”
6 serves of chicken satay salad
6 serves of grilled tomato and parmesan flatbread
(Sascha used The Healthy Mummy 2 ingredient pizza dough for the base to save money)
6 serves of steak and onion soup
6 serves of cheesy baked beans
10 dry ingredients prepped for a chocolate snickers smoothie
Sascha’s Five Minute Pancakes
“I will be making my 5-minute pancakes or smoothies for breakfast!! My dry ingredients for my smoothies is prepped each week to tip and blend!!!”
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1/2 cup oats (48g) plus 1 extra tablespoon of oats if mixture still runny
- 1/2 medium banana (45g)
- 1/2 cup full cream milk (125ml)
- 1/2 tbsp cacao/cocoa powder (3g)
- Olive oil spray
- 1.5 tbsp Greek yogurt (20g)
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries (60g)
- 1 tsp water (5ml)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (15ml)
- Add oats, banana, milk and cacao into a blender and blend well. If the mixture is still a bit runny add the extra tablespoon of oats, as the mixture should be reasonably thick.
- Heat the frying pan until hot and add the olive oil spray. Pour mixture into the hot pan to make 6 little pancakes.
- Cook on one side until the tops start to bubble, flip over carefully and cook for an extra 30 to 60 seconds – don’t let them dry out!
- Place cooked pancakes on a pan, pour the berries onto the hot pan with a teaspoon of water and cook until soft. Turn the heat off.
- Place a dollop of Greek yogurt on top of the pancakes, then add the berries and maple syrup.
- Consume and lick the plate.
400 calories per serve
Sascha says she has plenty of pancake mix leftover to fill in gaps on the weekend!
With a healthy freezer stash and enough snacks for the whole family, Sascha can relax and know that her healthy eating is taken care of for the week. All thanks to The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
More on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Want access to thousands and thousands MORE healthy recipes just like this recipe? Then be sure to check out our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and lose the baby weight.
Every week you are given a different meal plan to follow and each month we add NEW recipes to our Challenge Recipe Hub. That way, you’ll never get bored and stay on weight loss track while digging into healthy, yummy recipes.
Learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.