If you want to lose weight on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge you might start day 1 feeling sluggish and tired, in which case it’s hard to get motivated.
But fast forward a few months when the weight is coming off and you’ll often find that you get a burst of natural energy. No longer will you seek energy in a packet of biscuits or a cup of coffee, it will be coming from within.
Sound too good to be true? Not so! We spoke to three mums who have all lost weight but gained the energy to run around after their kids. They’re exercising more, sleeping better, and generally feeling more positive about life.
Use their stories to motivate you on your own 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, wherever you may be on your journey.
Siobhan dropped 30 pounds and is still losing weight
Siobhan has lost over 30 pounds with the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Siobhan says “I am feeling amazing as this is the longest I have maintained this weight and I am still losing! I have followed diets before, lost some and then piled it back on again!
I have definitely gained energy from following the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge as before I was feeling tired and lethargic all the time. And no wonder when I think back to all the chocolate, cookies and cakes I was eating – just full of sugar and additives!
Now when I’m eating the cakes, cookies and desserts from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge I know I am fuelling my body with the right types of food!”
Try this delicious Raspberry, Pistachio and Coconut Chocolate Bark – recipe here.
Siobhan’s top three tips for boosting energy:
- “Work out in the morning when you get up as this really makes me feel so much more energised! Even if it’s only a quick 5/10 min session from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge app.
- Drink at least 3 litres of water a day.
- Make sure you make snacks and remember to eat them, as it’s so important not to go to long without eating!”
Camilla lost her pre-diabetes status and feels like a different person
Camilla has lost 1.5 stone and dropped two dress sizes on her 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge journey.
Camilla says “I feel like a completely different person to who I was when I started this journey.
Due to serious health issues with my husband and my youngest daughter I put my health and well-being last on the priority list and as a result gained a lot of weight, especially for my height as I’m only 5ft4.
I then started to have health issues of my own, bad back, shoulder injuries and I was classified as pre-diabetic. I struggled to walk anywhere.
I’d avoid seeing friends or doing anything that involved activity and I certainly avoided the swimming pool or the beach.
I’m almost the other extreme now, I workout, I run, I thrive on movement and I’ve spent half the summer in my swim suit on the beach or in the pool, running around with the kids, without blinking an eye.
My body feels strong and I am no longer classed as pre-diabetic.
Camilla’s top three tips for boosting energy:
- Drink 3L of water a day
- Try to stick to your calories but make them nutritious calories, not empty ones. Look at the nutritional value of what you are eating not just the number of calories.
- Just start moving. Anything. It has a snowball effect. Once you start moving it will get easier and you will have more energy to do more.”
Kaire got back to her wedding weight and feels so healthy
Kaire says “Losing weight was not my main reason for joining the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. I was lucky with both pregnancies, I was only 1.8st heavier than usual at 9 months pregnant and lost 1.1st straight away. But the 7lbs stayed.
Then I got pregnant again – same story. So I weighed 9.12st after both kids, and I was still 9.12st last Christmas, just a few days before signing up for the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
I didn’t believe I would lose weight, but surprisingly I saw 8.13st on the scales in May (that was my wedding weight!) and maintained it since.
Currently 9.1st, just back from holiday. Next goal: abs!”
Kaire says “I feel HEALTHY and I love the new Healthy Mummy lifestyle. My daughter was up breastfeeding 10+ times every night, I was exhausted and often skipped breakfast and lunch.
I used to have a strong coffee with biscuits or cereal bars in the morning and a chocolate bar at 3pm, then a huge dinner when my hubby got home.
I was too tired to cook for the family so we ate processed shop-bought meals. I was considering cutting sugar cold-turkey, but then I decided to give the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge a go first.
It took some convincing but my picky family is finally all on board, the kids love exercising and meal prepping with me. I am so grateful as I’m a better mum and role model for my kids – that was my main reason for joining.”
Kaire say she has definitely gained more energy!
“My daughter is still not a great sleeper, but I no longer skip meals. We all eat healthily, I follow the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipes, I get excited about meal prepping, so do the kids.”
Try our top 10 bliss ball recipes HERE.
“I also feel like my mindset has changed: if I’m extra tired, I no longer cuddle my coffee cup unable to move. I type “energy” in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge Recipe Hub search bar, and make myself something extra lovely. We put music on and get the Dancefit exercise done with the kids. After that, I always have a burst of energy.
Kaire’s top three tips for boosting energy:
- Drink water, aim for 2-3 litres a day. Take your bottle everywhere with you. Even if you are off plan, or have no time for exercise (occasions, holidays, sick), keep drinking the water.
- Always always always have 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge snacks ready. The moment I ran out, I reached for something naughty. I never ran out again!
- Make the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge meal plan work for you and your family. It is supposed to make your life easy. If it’s stressing you out, you aren’t doing it properly. Have a think, why has it not worked, what can you do differently. For instance, I tried too many new recipes at first and scared my family off. Then I re-assessed and discovered there are all our family favourites in the Recipe Hub already, so I started making Mac & Cheese, Bolognese, Lasagne, Curry, Pizza – all their favourites and all healthy. I rotate our favourites and try something new once a week. Everyone is happy.”
Are you inspired to lose weight and gain energy like these mums?
With more than 4,000 delicious (and healthy) recipes, 350 exercises & 24/7 support – the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is designed (and proven) to help busy mums like you lose weight!