The Healthy Mummy is all about helping and supporting the community, so we are super chuffed to have visited Zara from Stoke-on-Trent to kick off World Healthy Mummy Month this July.
Zara has got a 5 year old daughter called Dakota Marie who was born with a brain tumour. When Dakota was 2 years old she collapsed, and they were told the tumour had developed into cancer. The surgery removed 95% of the cancer, but she needed to go to the USA for protein therapy to clear the rest of it. The treatment was a success, but unfortunately, there is no cure for Dakota.
Zara says: “She is my priority so I’ve let myself go. I’ve really not been helping myself but with being in hospital nearly every week it’s been difficult. I’ve survived on takeaways as they have been convenient.”
Zara entered a magazine competition earlier this year and was chosen by That’s Life to receive the ultimate Meal Prep Prize from the Healthy Mummy – worth over £5k including:
- One day with the Healthy Mummy Meal Prep Queens Siobhan Docherty and Sarah Cryer
- All food paid for and prepped for one month
- 1 brand new chest freezer
- Kitchen Appliances including Slow cooker, Food Processor/Blender, steam cooker etc
- Full set of kitchen utensils, pots and pans, knives, baking accessories etc
- Healthy Mummy smoothies, singlets etc and full access to the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
- Gift Vouchers for Zara, toys for Dakota Marie
The Healthy Mummy Meal Prep team couldn’t wait to arrive at Zara’s house to show her their best tips of batch cooking, and explain what the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is all about.
They made 176 portions of the main meals, 202 snacks and 48 breakfasts – all in 7 hours!
And Zara got given 6 tubs of the Healthy Mummy smoothies to ensure she never needs to skip a meal.
Claire from That’s Life magazine popped in to ensure Zara was pleased with her prize and asked a few questions about the Healthy Mummy too.
At the end of the day Zara’s chest freezer was full to the brim, and she was all set up as a brand new member of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge ready to start the next day.
Zara promised: “no more takeaways! Everyone LOVED the Weetabix Slice and Choc Chip Banana Bread – and Dakota’s dad was wondering if “Healthy Daddies” are allowed to join too.”
Zara was super excited to finally start looking after herself – and with the Healthy Mummy by her side, it will be a breeze.
- Beef San Choy Bow x12
- Chicken Tikka with Rice x12
- Honey Soy Chicken with Rice x12
- Chicken Noodle Stir Fry x12
- Spanish Rice with Chorizo x12
- Mexican Style Chill con carne x18
- Asian Chicken x12
- Slow Cooked Beef with Sweet Potato and Peanuts x12
- Easy Zucchini and Bacon Slice x16
- Devilled Sausages x 12
- Shepherds Pie x 12
- Beef Burger Patties x12
- Lamb Burger Patties x 22
Snacks made –
- Chocolate Bliss Balls x30
- Apple Pie Bites x 24
- Weetabix slice x36
- Mint Choc Bubble crunch x 28
- Raw Peanut Bars x24
- Blueberry Chia Muffins x 24
- Choc Chip Banana Bread x 32
Breakfasts made –
- Chia Puddings x 12
- Peanut Butter Granola Mix x12
- Breakfast Oat slice x12
- Chocolate Rice Crisps x12
Congratulations Zara! What an amazing day!!!
Are you ready to kick-start your weight loss?
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more about joining the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for £1 click here.