“Another week’s worth of bargain shopping” says Katie, “I’ve spent £24.73 and managed to cut my shopping bill from £100 a week to just £25. Wow!”
Katie, a busy mum of 2 from West Yorkshire has successfully lost 3.5st in 12 months by following the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Today she shares with us her hints and tips on how she has managed to cut her shopping bill so drastically.
Katie says , “Another week’s bargain shop today at just £24.73!
I have got enough to make:
- Six 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge dinners for 4 people
- cupboard essentials
- lunches for the week
- kids’ yogurts
I love how I’ve managed to cut my grocery bill from around £100 a week to £25!
Then every 4 weeks I spend a bit more (around £80) and get all the house essentials like washing powder, cleaning products etc. and fill the freezer.”
How does she save so much money?
I’m saving time, money and losing weight so for me it’s a win win!
I like to have a prep session once a week where I either do sweet or savoury, this way I always have a varied choice of meals and snacks at hand making it impossible to get bored and lose interest!
I have my meal planning down to just 15 mins thanks to the ‘favourites’ button on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge app. This has saved me so much time and money by being prepared!
Katie’s shares her top tips to keep costs down
1) buy most of your food from the front of the supermarket (fresh food)
2) buy supermarket’s own brands wherever you can
3) don’t over-buy without a plan, you’ll end up throwing loads away
4) try following the vegetarian or vegan meal plan, I only have meat a couple of nights a week now and I’m saving so much money.
5) use tinned tomatoes and passata to make sauces, don’t buy the ready made jars, they’re expensive and full of sugar.
6) make your own snacks – you’ll save money and inches.
7) invest in some Tupperware to save leftovers, they will last longer and you can freeze them.
8) make 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge soups for lunch, they’re a cheap delicious meal and ideal for batch cooking.
9) shop around – don’t commit to one supermarket
10) bulk buy wherever you can afford to/have the storage space for.”
What an average day on the 28 Day Challenge is like for Katie
“I have lost around 3.5st thanks to the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and now I’m focusing on toning up rather than trying to lose pounds.”
You can read more about Katie’s weight loss story here.
On a typical day:
- 30 minutes exercise 5 days a week from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge app
- Breakfast: either a Healthy Mummy smoothie, granola, scrambled eggs with a wholemeal bagel, or a smoothie bowl
- Lunch: soup/ sandwich/ leftover dinner from the night before/ salad or a bagel
- Dinner: whatever’s on my meal plan or leftovers but always a dinner from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge as I cook most things from scratch to save money and keep on track
- Drink 3 litres of water a day
- Get the squats in!!!!
- 3 healthy snacks a day.
Finishing off Katie tells us, “I’m on my journey to better myself on the inside and out, to be a good role model for my girls. Goal setting is my saviour, I have different ones all the time!
My current goal is to tone my body using the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge app workouts 5 days a week.”
Katie’s 3 tips to anyone just starting out
- “Take it at your own pace, it’s not a race!
- Make the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge meal plan work for you! Substitute ingredients, repeat meals whatever makes it easy.
- Keep hydrated – you will be surprised how much it helps!”
Her secret weapon?
“I love the Healthy Mummy Smoothies. I have one a day most days!
The benefits of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge have been amazing and I’ve even managed to stop smoking while on my weight loss journey.”
Well done Katie, you’re officially the budget queen! What an inspiration.
Are you ready to kick-start your weight loss?
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more about joining the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for £1 click here.