Yum! Who doesn’t love a warm, hearty soup after a long and tiring day? This delicious and nourishing veggie and quinoa soup comes DIRECTLY from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Consider it a ‘sneak peak’ of the sorts of recipes 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge members can access.
The name says it all with this delicious soup. It can be prepared in advance and stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days or for longer in the freezer, so you always have a great lunch option on hand.
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil (5 mls)
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed (3 grams)
- 1/4 brown onion, diced (25 grams)
- 1 stalks celery, diced (40 grams)
- 1 medium carrot, diced (70 grams)
- 1/2 courgette, diced (55 grams)
- 1/2 cup white cabbage, shredded (25 grams) 200 grams tinned tomatoes
- 50 grams tinned chickpeas
- 1/4 cup quinoa, uncooked, rinsed (45 grams) 1/2 tsp dried rosemary (0.5 grams)
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves (0.5 grams)
- 2 cups water (500 mls)
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion and celery and sauté for 1-2 minutes or until soft.
- Add all remaining ingredients, stir to combine and bring to the boil. Reduce to a gentle simmer for 60 minutes, until veggies are tender and quinoa is cooked through. Keep an eye on the pot and add a little more water if needed to stop the soup getting too dry.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Serves one. 350 calories per serve.
If you like the sound of this recipe, you should also check out our slow cooked porcupine meatballs.
More on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Want access to thousands and thousands MORE healthy recipes just like this soup? Then be sure to check out our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and lose the baby weight.
Every week you are given a different meal plan to follow and each month we add 100+ NEW recipes to our Challenge Recipe Hub. That way, you’ll never get bored and stay on weight loss track while digging into healthy, yummy recipes.
Learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.