Don’t these Asian pork and veggie rice balls from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge look fantastic?
These are a great savoury snack that can be kept in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to two months.
Just grab 2-3 balls per person and reheat when you want a quick and delicious protein filled snack.
As part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge you’ll be having 3 main meals and 3 healthy snacks per day. There’s no going hungry while you lose pregnancy weight.
Asian pork and veggie rice balls
Ingredients (Makes 4 servings)
- 1/2 cup basmati rice, uncooked (90 grams)
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced (15 grams)
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced (40 grams)
- 1 medium carrot, grated (70 grams)
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten (25 grams)
- 4 tsp black or white sesame seeds (16 grams)
- 2 tsp tamari (gluten free soy sauce) (10 mls)
- 150 grams lean pork mince
- cooking oil spray
- Cook rice as per packet instructions and allow to cool. Preheat oven to 180C / gas mark 4 and line a tray with baking paper.
- Combine the cooled rice with all other ingredients, excluding the cooking oil spray, and mix together well with your hands.
- Shape the mixture into 8-12 balls and place the prepared baking tray.
- Lightly spray the balls with cooking oil spray and bake for 20 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Serve 2-3 balls per person. Leftover balls can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days and reheated (or enjoyed cold) or freeze for up to 2 months.
175 calories per serve
Want to lose weight in a healthy way?
If you are interested in kickstarting your weight loss and want to improve your energy – not to mention – improve your overall health and wellbeing – our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an awesome program to check out.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans (including a 7 day cleanse)
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!
To learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click on the link.