This showstopping chocolate cake recipe is not only gluten free and sugar free but it also contains healthy chickpeas.
Chickpeas are full of protein and fibre which keep you fuller for longer and contain lots of vitamins and minerals.
Why not whip up this cake to treat family and friends? It’s just 120 calories per serve and you only need five ingredients.
- 1.5 cups dark chocolate chips
- 600 grams canned chickpeas, drained
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Stevia plus extra for dusting
- 1 pinch baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, or in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of boiling water.
- Blend the chickpeas and eggs in a blender until smooth. Add the Natvia and baking soda and pulse a couple of times.
- Pour the chickpea mixture into a large bowl, add the melted chocolate and mix until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a greased and lined cake tin and bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes, then turn out of the tin, dust with Natvia and serve.