An easy to prepare and tasty Thai inspired curry that will suit the whole family.
You could use chicken or beef instead of pork if you prefer. Adjust the level of chilli to suit you and your family’s tastes.
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for more yummy curry recipes.
This recipe contains 424 calories per serve.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
Ingredients (Makes 4 servings):
- 1 cup basmati rice, uncooked (180 grams)
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil (10 mls)
- 600 grams pork fillet, diced
- 1 brown onion, diced (100 grams)
- 4 tsp red curry paste (16 grams)
- 4 tsp fresh lemongrass, finely chopped (16 grams)
- 4 tsp fresh ginger, minced (16 grams)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced (6 grams)
- 1 small red chilli, diced (10 grams)
- 2 cups liquid chicken stock, salt reduced (500 mls)
- 2 kaffir lime leaf, sliced (0.5 grams)
- 1 cups tinned bamboo shoots, drained (230 grams)
- 1 cups green beans, sliced in half (120 grams)
- 1 & 1/3 tbsp whole black peppercorns (16 grams)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (15 mls)
- 4 tbsp fresh basil leaves (15 grams)
- Cook rice according to packet directions.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add pork and onion and stir fry for a few minutes to brown the pork and start cooking the onion.
- Add the curry paste, lemongrass, ginger, garlic, and chilli. Stir to combine well and cook for a couple of minutes or until the mix is very fragrant.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Add kaffir lime leaves, bamboo shoots, green beans, peppercorns, and fish sauce.
- Stir to combine and simmer for another 5-10 minutes or until pork is tender and cooked through.
- Divide rice between four bowls and top with an even amount of the pork curry and sauce.
- Sprinkle over fresh basil leaves to serve.
- Leftover curry can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Want to kick-start your weight loss and gain access to all these recipes and thousands more?
If you are interested in kickstarting your weight loss and want to improve your energy – not to mention – improve your overall health and wellbeing – our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an awesome program to check out.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans (including a 7 day cleanse)
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!