Mum of four who sadly lost their home in a fire that is believed to have started in the kitchen, manages to feed her whole family for £1 a meal with the Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
“Being on a mega-budget as we rebuild our home, I am on a mission to feed our family healthy food at a minimal cost. I set the app to the meal plan that was budget-friendly and I meal prepped like a machine on Sunday, creating all GLUTEN FREE breakfasts, lunches and dinners for all six of us for under £1 a serve.”
After losing their home in a fire this mum of 4 fed the whole family for £1 a meal with the Healthy Mummy
Mum of four, Cassandra Michelin, 32, recently lost her family home in a fire that started in the kitchen. They sadly lost everything they owned.
“It was the most emotional time in our lives and it really put so much strain and stress on our family. Having four small children, our lives have always been busy and this just really took its toll on all of us, especially my weight and energy.”
“As a mum, I have gone up and down with my weight with each baby, but I felt like I had hit an all-time low in myself at the start of this year, even before the fire. I’d had my fourth baby and all my energy was going into “mum life”. I just didn’t feel I had any extra energy for anything, especially exercise. I was also so unmotivated to eat well because I was so tired all the time.”
The stress of the fire pushed the family over the edge
After the fire, Cassandra said they were all at a total loss. “It was by far, the hardest time in our lives, but I just had to keep going for the sake of our kids. My husband even got sick with shingles from the stress of it all.”
Cassandra has no idea how the fire started.
“I left the house for school drop off at 8.45 am and by 9.30 am the whole house was up in flames. The council had been called by a neighbour and firefighters were on their way. It was believed that it started in the kitchen.”
They are hoping to be back in their family home next year, as they currently rebuild from scratch.
Cassandra’s Healthy Mummy journey began
After a couple of months passed, Cassandra had had enough of feeling so terrible all the time.
“It took a huge leap. But I decided it didn’t have to be like this, I didn’t have to go on feeling emotionally and physically exhausted, that’s not me at all, so I allowed myself permission to give back to ME again after letting myself go for quite a while.”
Cassandra says from that moment on she committed to her journey of feeling good again. “I used the Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge app to meal plan and do the awesome online workouts.
“It’s amazing what can happen when your mindset shifts and it has been the best thing I’ve ever done for myself.”
Cassandra has lost 33 pounds and is feeling so much better about herself and just all-round motivated to keep going!
“I love exercising again! It’s fantastic because I’m just so much happier!”
Cassandra prepared 127 meals for under £1 per serve
Cassandra recently took on the meal prep challenge to make all the family meals for the week from the Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge app.
Previously Cassandra was spending between £185 – 240 on groceries and has managed to cut that down to under £130 on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. That’s at least a £100 saving!
“Being on a mega-budget as we rebuild our home, I am on a mission to feed our family healthy food at a minimal cost. I set the app to the meal plan that was budget-friendly and I meal prepped like a machine on Sunday, creating all GLUTEN FREE breakfasts, lunches and dinners for all six of us for £1 a serve.”
“I made 127 serves of food for under £127 with snacks also included. That’s less than £18.60 a day for all food for 6 people!”
“This has blown my mind to know that I can feed the family at such a reasonable rate, especially with the gluten-free dietary requirements that can usually make life a little more expensive.
“This is living healthy on a budget and smashing goals while we’re at it!”
Cassandra says, “The Healthy Mummy meals are so good! They are really healthy meals full of veggies, but taste great, family-friendly and my husband loves them too. It’s such a win-win for us and I can’t wait to continue my health journey and hit the next big goal to come.”
Cassandra made 127 serves including these recipes from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
- Lentil and veg frittata – 12 serves (2 days x breakfast for 6)
- Quick berry mug muffin – 12 serves (2 days x breakfast for 6)
- Feta and Pepper Egg Muffins with Bacon – 6 serves (breakfast for 6)
- French toast ( make on the day though)
- Veggie Bread Cheese Toastie – 12 serves (2 x lunches for 6)
- Marinated Mushroom & Lentil Toss – 12 serves (2 days x lunches for 6)
- Tuna With Quinoa & Veggies – 12 serves (2 days x lunches for 6)
- Mixed Bean Summer Salad – 6 serves (1 lunch)
- Chicken Burrito Bowl – 12 serves (2 days x dinner for 6)
- Nourishing Dinner Bowl – 6 serves (1 dinner)
- Curried Chicken and Potato Salad – 6 serves (1 dinner)
- Chicken and Chickpea Salad – 6 serves (1 dinner)
- Spicy Lamb & Chickpeas – 6 serves (1 dinner)
- Spanish Rice With Chorizo – 6 serves (1 dinner)
- ‘Cherry Ripe’ Bliss Balls x 12 serves
- Chocolate Cashew Cups x 20 serves
- Rice cakes
- Boiled eggs
All these recipes and MORE are available on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Join now!
Cassandra’s tips for a first-time meal prep mum
- Freezer friendly meals. Make meals that are freezable.
- Allow time. Give yourself a good chunk of time to meal prep properly.
- Play music while you cook. Music that makes you happy and keeps you motivated.
- Have containers ready to go. Look over the meals your making and make sure you have the right containers whether your portioning into single serves or the full meal, have it all ready.
We are so saddened to read Cassandra’s story. Well done for getting back on track and making the change. Thank you for sharing your amazing meal prep with The Healthy Mummy.
Join Cassandra on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
The no.1 mums only health, fitness & weight loss program
Take part now in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge – made for BUSY mums!
It is like a PT, Coach, Nutritionist & Chef – ALL IN YOUR POCKET – with EASY to follow food & fitness plans
You get unrestricted access to :
● Nutritionist & chef designed weekly meal plans
● Personal Trainer crafted At-home workouts- 28 minutes and under
● Daily Motivation from My Coach
● Personalised Shopping lists to make life easy
● Over 4,000 healthy and delicious recipes at your fingertips
● REAL TIME support from The Healthy Mummy Team and OVER 200,000 other mums