Mum of four gets real about her body and all it has achieved, “I’m not an Instagram fitness model! I’m a mum. I’m a woman…” and you are too. Read on for this Healthy Mummy’s inspirational story and join Megan on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
“I’m NOT an Instagram fitness model!”
Megan Carter, 40, is a mum of four beautiful children aged 17, 13, 2 & 1. Over the past 12 months living The Healthy Mummy lifestyle, Megan has banished 4.8 stone and over 150cm from her waist measurements.
Megan says, “it’s not just what I have lost, it’s what I have gained that is the most amazing part of living a healthier lifestyle.”
Megan has gained:
- An abundance of energy.
- Excitement for life and the future.
- A smile that reaches her eyes and comes from the heart.
- Confidence, self-worth, self-love.
- Acceptance of her perceived flaws for what they are; the story of a life lived and a woman who has survived everything life has thrown at her.
- Strength and passion for fitness that has enabled her to return to being a fitness instructor.
- Children who have a mum who gets involved, is active and setting an awesome example of how to respect your body and embrace it for the beauty it holds.
- Knowledge in how to fuel herself and her family, to be at our best and feel incredible.
Megan adds, “But just like most mums out there, I still have my days when my motivation deserts me, especially being someone who suffers from anxiety and depression, but I don’t give up! Why? Because I refuse to!”
Remember “why” you started
Megan says when she struggles to keep motivated on her journey she remembers why she wanted a healthier life. A life free from weight-related illness, a life she can be proud of…
“I want this because my children deserve the very best mum I can be. A mum who is active, a mum who shows them how to live well. A mum who isn’t watching from the sidelines crying. A mum who is happy within herself and radiates this happiness, and I want this so I keep going because I deserve it!”
“I deserve to be able to join in and live life, I deserve to be able to feel incredible and full of energy, I deserve to be able to look in the mirror and see the incredible queen I am looking back at me and be proud of her, just like every woman does and should.”