When you just fancy something sweet and delicious for dessert, fudge is always a winner.
But instead of the sugar and butter-filled version, try making your own healthy version at home.
This simple recipe from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge makes the most of a few pantry cupboard staples and tastes incredible.
As part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge sweets and desserts are NEVER off limits!
- cooking oil spray
- 1.5 cups almond butter (360 grams)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted (80 mls)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (62.5 mls)
- a pinch of salt
- Grease a standard size loaf pan with cooking oil spray and line with baking paper cut to fit the length of the pan.
- Spoon the almond butter into a large mixing bowl. Add coconut oil, maple syrup and salt and stir until smooth and combined (it should be quite runny).
- Spoon out the mixture into the prepared pan. Smooth out the top. Place the pan, uncovered, on a flat surface in the freezer. Freeze for around 1 hour, or until the fudge is solid.
- Slice the frozen slab of fudge into roughly 20 squares. 2 squares is 1 serve. Store leftovers in the freezer for a couple of months.
Tip: Fudge can also be refrigerated however it will soften much faster once removed.
Recipe serves 10 at 320 calories per serve.
Want access to more healthy recipes?
Check out 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. With over 4,000 recipes, 350 fat burning exercises and 24/7 support, The Healthy Mummy can help YOU hit your goal weight faster.
Our Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- New CHALLENGE THEME each month – so you’ll NEVER get bored
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!