For a healthy snack under 100 calories, these Banana, Raspberry And Chocolate Chip Muffins are perfect.
There’s no need for a muffin to contain vast amounts of sugar like the ones you find in cafes or at the supermarket – check the label as often there is as much sugar as there is flour.
These muffins are sweetened with fruit and a small amount of maple syrup, making them a much healthier choice.
Want to make these muffins nut free and lunchbox friendly? Swap the almond milk for regular milk or oat milk instead.
Enjoy these muffins as a snack as part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
- 1 large banana (100g)
- 1 egg, whisked (50g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (5ml)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (180ml)
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt (60g)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (30ml)
- 2 cups self raising flour (240g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (2.5g)
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries (180g)
- 2 tablespoons dark choc chips (20g)
- Preheat oven to 180C / gas mark 4, and line 14 holes of a muffin tray with patty cases.
- Mash banana, then add the egg, vanilla, milk, yogurt and maple syrup.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and mix gently until combined – don’t over mix, it will make the muffins tough.
- Fold through raspberries and choc chips.
- Spoon mixture into patty cases and place in the oven for 15 minutes or until cooked through and slightly browned on top.
- Cool on a wire rack before storing in an airtight container.
Recipe makes 14 muffins at 97 calories each.