85 calorie black forest bliss balls
Make the most of delicious cherries with these decadent bliss balls. Perfect for sharing or keep them on hand for a quick snack from the fridge when you feel peckish.
The oats and coconut add bulk and will help keep you nice and full until your next meal.
If you love recipes like this that turn your favourite desserts into a healthy treat, you’ll love the recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Black Forest Bliss Balls
Ingredients (makes 10 balls)
- 8 large fresh cherries (approx 100g) or use defrosted frozen cherries
- 1 cup rolled oats (100 grams)
- 1 tbsp raw cacao or cocoa powder (6 grams)
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut (25 grams)
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup (15 mls)
- 60 grams dark chocolate 70% cacao or higher
- Pit the cherries and set aside.
- Blitz oats, cacao and coconut until well combined (around 5-10 seconds).
- Add cherries and maple syrup and blitz until combined.
- Using wet hands, roll into balls (place mixture in freezer for 10 mins to firm up if it is too sticky to roll) and place on tray lined with baking paper and pop in the freezer to set.
- Once set, melt chocolate using your preferred method and dip balls into chocolate.
- Place back on paper lined tray and in the fridge or freezer to set.
- Any leftover chocolate can be drizzled over the balls once set.
- Can be kept in the fridge for 3 days (due to the fresh fruit content) or freezer for up to 2 months.
85 calories per bliss ball.
Want more recipes? Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.