Need a filling dinner after a busy day? Try this delicious Chicken Macro Bowl sent in by 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Cassie.
Cassie says, ‘This macro bowl is a perfect way to quickly prepare a protein-packed nutritious meal.
“It will keep you fuller for longer as well as helping to maintain regular bowel movements, which leads to less bloating.’
Feel free to switch up the veggies to whatever you have on hand (leftovers work well too). We love recipes like this in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. As a member you’ll have access to recipes for meals such as the Citrus and Chicken Bowl, Grilled Tahini Salmon Bowl or the Sticky Soy Beef Bowl.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 350 grams skinless chicken breast
- 1/3 cup uncooked quinoa (60g)
- 100g green beans
- 100g broccoli
- 1/2 avocado, sliced (60g)
- 300g sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 clove garlic, minced (3g)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (15ml)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (15ml)
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds (2g)
- Preheat oven to 180C / gas mark 4.
- Cook quinoa as per packet instructions.
- Place sweet potato in a microwave safe container and cook in microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Remove and toss in half of the sesame oil and place on a lined oven tray. Cook for 10-15 minutes until golden.
- Dice chicken and mix with garlic and soy sauce. Cook in hot frypan with the rest of the sesame oil until cooked through.
- Steam the greens on the stovetop or in the microwave until tender crisp.
- Portion the chicken, quinoa and veggies into bowls.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
600 calories per serve
Are you ready to kick-start your weight loss?
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more about joining the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for £1 click here.