Do your kids love muffins? These Honey And Raspberry Muffins are a great option (even for fussy eaters).
They are nut free, making them perfect for the lunchbox, while also being ideal for adults as a healthy morning tea.
While muffins aren’t an everyday food, these are high in fibre and contain no added white sugar, making them a much healthier option than a supermarket or café-style muffin.
If you love recipes like this, you’ll love the meals on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
- Olive oil spray
- 1 1/3 cups plain wholemeal flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly spray 6 muffin moulds with cooking oil spray or line with baking paper.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Stir through raspberries till all ingredients are well combined.
- Lightly whisk the eggs, butter, milk, honey and zest. Add to dry ingredients and stir till just combined (do not over mix, or muffins will be tough).
- Divide mixture between muffin moulds and bake for 20-22 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and then store in an airtight container in the fridge.