Chocolate and puffed rice are two things kids cannot seem to get enough of. So to keep the kids happy we have combined the two into this delicious Peanut Butter Crispy Crunch!
With puffed rice, peanut butter and chocolate, the kids will absolutely adore crunching this scrumptious slice as an afternoon tea treat. It’s also a great snack for busy mums on the go.
This recipe comes from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, and shows how you can eat delicious snacks and dessert while you lose weight.
- 3 cups puffed rice
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
- 100g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
- Line a 10cm x 20cm baking pan with baking paper and set aside
- Add 1 ½ cups of puffed rice to one bowl and the other 1 ½ cups of into a second bowl.
- Over a low heat, melt the rice malt syrup or honey, vanilla extract and coconut oil.
- Remove from heat and mix through peanut butter.
- Pour half of the mixture into one of your bowls of puffed rice and stir well to combine
- Add your cacao/cocoa to the remaining peanut butter mixture, stir through then mix it into the second bowl of puffed rice.
- Grab your lined pan and add one bowl of puffed rice mixture to pan. Press firmly into the base (and we really do mean FIRMLY). For best results really take some time with this step.
- Add the remaining bowl of puffed rice mixture over the top and once again, press firmly so it sticks together.
- Pop pan into fridge or freezer to set. (30mins – 60 mins will be enough)
- Once the mixture is set, melt your chocolate using your preferred method.
- Pour chocolate evenly over the top of the puffed rice mix and pop back in the fridge to set (This should only take about 10 minutes)
- Remove from fridge and cut into squares with a sharp knife.Makes 18 serves at 134 calories per serve