Snacking is an important part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge – that’s why we recommend 3 main meals and 3 snacks per day on our meal plans.
But snacking doesn’t mean reaching for processed snacks or chocolate bars – it means nourishing your body with nutritious and delicious ingredients like this pear and ginger slice.
Packed with the goodness of fruit, nuts and eggs, this slice will see you through until your next meal (and will satisfy any sweet craving that you may have had!).
This recipe comes directly from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Members can access more than 4,000 recipes with other healthy slices like Caramel Slice, Carrot Cake Slice and Cherry Choc Slice. Find out more about the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge here.
Ingredients (Makes 12 servings)
- 4 tbsp rice malt syrup or honey (60 mls)
- 2 free-range eggs (100 grams)
- 4 tbsp coconut oil (60 mls)
- 180ml reduced-fat milk of choice
- 1 & 1/2 tsp ground ginger (1.5 grams)
- 1 cup spelt flour (120 grams)
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda (1.3 grams)
- 1 cup ground almonds (150 grams)
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and sliced (200 grams)
- Preheat oven to 180C / gas mark 4, and line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper.
- In a bowl, combine rice malt syrup or honey, eggs, coconut oil and milk together, mix well until nice and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, combine the ground ginger, spelt flour, bi-carb, and ground almonds, mix well to combine.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared tin and arrange pear slices over the top of the batter.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, test with a skewer to make sure it is ready (if the skewer comes out clean, it’s done, if not, bake for a few more minutes until cooked through).
- Allow to cool, then slice into 12 portions. One portion is one serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or freeze for up to 2 months.
173 calories per serve
Want to lose weight in a healthy way?
If you are interested in kickstarting your weight loss and want to improve your energy – not to mention – improve your overall health and wellbeing – our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an awesome program to check out.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans (including a 7 day cleanse)
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!
To learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click on the link.