It’s everyones worst nightmare, finding a creepy crawly or something worse in their food!
It happened to 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member, Akasha Macey and it involves freshly bought BASIL.
See what she found in her fresh produce below.
Mum finds deadly Red Back Spider in her basil
Macey posted the image to our Facebook page, and wrote, “Look what was in my basil, I nearly just wrapped my hands around that.”
The Healthy Mummy community member was making a 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipe, when she found the spider on one of her ingredients!
She said she had bought the basil from Aldi and left in the car for a few minutes before finding the spider and it’s web on the herb. Macey then decided to throw the basil out.
Only in Australia, right?
What is a redback spider?
Redback Spiders are a highly venomous Australasian spider which is black with a bright red stripe down the back. Redback Spiders are found throughout Australia and are common in disturbed and urban areas.
Trial the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for only £1!
Check out the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. With over 4,000 recipes, 350 fat burning exercises and 24/7 support, The Healthy Mummy can help YOU hit your goal weight faster.
Our Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- New CHALLENGE THEME each month – so you’ll NEVER get bored
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge today!