We are super impressed with 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Nikola Green’s baking.
This SUPER busy mum of TWINS has shown has shown how EASY it is to whip up yummy and healthy Bliss Ball recipes and has also inspired all to get busy in the kitchen.
How YUMMY do these 4 healthy recipes look!! Choose your favourite or make all 4! Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for STACKS of bliss ball recipes, all designed to help keep hunger at bay while you lose weight.
4 Bliss Balls You Need to Make RIGHT NOW
1. Chocolate Salty Pretzel Balls (pictured above)
- ½ cup rolled oats (50g)
- 1 tbsp cacao (8g)
- 1 tbsp honey or rice malt syrup (15ml)
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil (15ml)
- 1/4 cup pretzels (20g)
- 1/4 cup pretzels processed in a food processor to a fine crumb for rolling (20g)
- Combine everything (except the pretzel crumb) in a food processor
- Blend until well combined, adding a tablespoon of water if needed to combine
- Take a heaped teaspoon and roll into balls, then roll balls into the pretzel crumb
Recipe makes 8 balls at 85 calories each.
2. Mint Cream Bliss balls
- 2 Weetabix (30g)
- ½ cup rolled oats (50g)
- 4 medjool dates (or can use pitted dates) (60g)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder or cocoa powder (16g)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (30ml)
- 1 tbsp water (15ml)
- 1 cup ricotta (200g)
- 1 tsp peppermint extract (5ml)
- 1 tsp honey (5ml)
- 1 tsp matcha green tea powder (can leave this out if preferred and you will have a white mint cream mix instead) (5g)
- Piping bag
- In a food processor, process all the mint cream ingredients and place in the fridge
- In a food processor, mix all the ingredients for the balls. Make sure the mix comes together, is moist but not wet.
- Roll into balls a little bigger than a teaspoon size
- Get your piping bag and fill with the mint cream mix
- Stick piping bag into the centre of the ball, being careful not to crumble the ball, and fill with the mint cream.
- Once all completed set in the fridge, then store in an airtight container.
Recipe makes 10 balls at 85 calories per ball.
3. Nutty Nutella Bliss Balls
- 1 cup pitted dates (170g)
- 1 cup hazelnuts (120g)
- 3 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder (24g)
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup (15ml)
- Process all ingredients together in a food processor, add a touch of water if you need to.
- Then use a little more than a teaspoon of mix and roll into balls.
Recipe makes 14 balls at 90 calories per ball.
4. Chocolate Dipped Peanut Bliss Balls
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (120g)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (50g)
- 2 tbsp honey (30ml)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (100% nuts) (48g)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 2.5ml)
- 2 tsp water (10ml)
- 2 tsp cacao or cocoa (4g)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted but cool (15ml)
- 1 tsp honey (5ml)
- Blitz cashews and oats together until crumbly.
- Add honey, peanut butter, vanilla extract and water and blitz until well combined.
- Roll into 13 balls and place on a tray lined with baking paper and pop into the freezer to set.
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth.
- Remove balls from freezer and drizzle balls with the chocolate mixture.
- Place each ball back onto baking paper lined tray to set.
- Once each ball has been dipped and cooled, repeat the dipping process again so each has two coatings of chocolate.
- Pop into fridge or freezer to set.
- Can be kept in fridge or freezer.
Recipe makes 13 balls at 75 calories per ball
Thank you Nikola for your FABULOUS pics – they have made us hungry!!
Nikola’s weight loss journey with The Healthy Mummy
Nikola says, “Following the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for the past 23 months has seen me drop 2.7st and 110cm from my body!
I’m healthier, happier, fitter, stronger, confident and have learnt how to fuel my body with good food. Not only am I benefitting from the amazing meal plan but so are my four year-old twins as they enjoy the meals too plus they now have a fun and active mummy!”
Are you ready to kick-start your weight loss?
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more about joining the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for £1 click here.