It’s Mexican time! Oven baked crusted fish with a refreshing slaw all wrapped in tasty corn tortillas, makes for a delicious budget friendly meal. This one comes straight from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Choose a fish fillet that is on special (or you could even make it with lean chicken breast if that is cheaper).
We love Mexican food on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Think nachos, enchiladas and of course tacos! No food is off-limits, it’s all just made healthier thanks to the amazing work of our team of nutritionists.
Join the next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and lose weight while eating all the foods you LOVE.
Ingredients (Makes 4 servings)
- 480 grams white fish fillet of choice
- 2 cups wholemeal breadcrumbs (120 grams)
- 1 tsp chilli powder (1 grams)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika (2 grams)
- 2 tsp ground cumin (2 grams)
- 1 tsp garlic powder (1 grams)
- 2 tsp ground turmeric (2 grams)
- 8 small corn tortillas (192 grams)
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded (50 grams)
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander, roughly chopped (20 grams)
- 4 medium carrots, grated (280 grams)
- 1/3 cup lime juice (80 mls)
- 4 tsp cider vinegar (20 mls)
- Cut fish into bite size cubes.
- Preheat oven to 180C / gas mark 4, and line a tray with baking paper.
- Combine breadcrumbs and all ground spices in a bowl to make a crumb mix. Coat fish pieces in crumb mix and arrange on the prepared baking tray.
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes or until fish is cooked through, turning half way through cooking time.
- While fish is cooking, combine cabbage, coriander, carrot, lime juice and cider vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- When fish is cooked, remove from oven. Assemble burritos by topping tortillas with cabbage salad and some fish. Wrap to enclose filling and serve.
405 calories per serve
Are you ready to kick-start your weight loss?
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.