We had you at ‘gooey’ didn’t we? Thank you to 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Chloe Cox for sharing this fabulous recipe and photo, just in time for Easter.
Just four ingredients is all you need to create this healthy version of an Easter favourite for your family.
At 85 calories each, they’re a lot better for you than the Cadbury Caramel Egg (which are 187 calories per 39g egg).
Chloe says, “With the hidden gooey centre these delicious caramel eggs will definitely have you convinced they are the real deal.
“While they are still a sometimes treat, they are a much better option, with less calories and sugar per serve!”
Want more Easter goodies? Try these delicious hot cross buns!
Gooey Caramel Easter Eggs
Ingredients (makes 10 eggs)
- 1/3 cup dates
- 1 pinch himalayan rock salt
- 1 tsp coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate 70% cocoa
- Place dates in a heatproof dish and cover with boiling water. Let sit for 30 mins.
- Melt half the chocolate and divide evenly between 10 silicon moulds to form the base of the egg. Pop in the freezer to set.
- Drain the dates and place in a food processor with the coconut oil and salt.
- Pulse until a smooth paste forms, scraping down the sides when needed.
- Divide caramel mix evenly between the moulds, placing it in the centre of each ‘egg’.
- Melt remaining chocolate and cover caramel mix.
- Place in the freezer to set again.
- Store in the freezer in an airtight container.
85 calories per egg
Are you ready to kick-start your weight loss?
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more about joining the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.