When is banana bread not JUST banana bread? When it’s packed with goodness INCLUDING a secret hidden vegetable ingredient that your kids will never guess.
This delicious loaf from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can be made ahead of time and frozen so it’s perfect for morning tea on the run.
Healthy banana bread with HIDDEN veggies
Ingredients (makes 6 serves)
- 2 ripe mashed bananas (180 grams)
- ½ cup cauliflower (50 grams)
- ¼ cup reduced-fat Greek natural yogurt (65 grams)
- ¼ cup reduced-fat milk of choice (62.5 mls)
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger (4 grams)
- 1 ½ cups wholemeal self raising flour (180 grams)
- ½ cup ground almonds (75 grams)
- ¼ tsp baking powder (0.625 grams)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (1 gram)
- 2 free-range eggs (100 grams)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mls)
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil (45 mls)
- 1 tsp honey (5 mls)
- Preheat an oven to 180C / gas mark 4, and prepare a loaf tin by lining with baking paper.
- Steam the cauliflower until very tender, about 20 minutes. Cool slightly and add to a blender with milk and yogurt, puree until smooth.
- Add eggs, oil, honey, ginger and vanilla to the cauliflower mixture and pulse until just blended. Stir through mashed banana.
- Whisk flour, ground almonds, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add banana mixture and fold until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared tin and bake for 60-70 minutes, covering loosely with foil if browning too quickly. The loaf is done when a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, turn out and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Slice loaf into 12 slices, 2 slices is 1 serve. Can be toasted if desired.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or freeze slices individually to defrost and toast as required.
294 calories per serve
More on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Want access to thousands and thousands of healthy recipes that will help you to lose weight? Then be sure to check out our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and lose the baby weight.
Every week you are given a different meal plan to follow and each month we add NEW recipes to our Challenge Recipe Hub. That way, you’ll never get bored and stay on weight loss track while digging into healthy, yummy recipes.
Learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.