If you are looking for a healthy snack that won’t ruin your weight loss efforts then we have you covered!
This pecan butterscotch slice has no white sugar. It is SO GOOD and even the kids will love it for an after school snack.
This recipe is a sneak peek from the May 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge which is the SUGAR DETOX theme. All the recipes are designed to help get you off the sweet stuff and losing weight in a healthy way.
It’s not too late to join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Ingredients (makes 16 serves)
- 1 cup medjool dates, fresh (180g)
- 125g butter
- 1 cup plain wholemeal flour (120g)
- 2 free-range eggs (100g)
- 2 tbsp wholemeal self-raising flour (15g)
- 1/4 cup pecan halves, roughly chopped (50g)
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut (24g)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (0.5g)
- Preheat oven to 180C / gas mark 4 and lightly grease and line a slice tin.
- Puree dates in a blender or food processor until smooth, adding a bit of water if required.
- For the base, melt the butter and combine with 1 cup of plain flour and 1/2 cup of the date puree, stirring well to combine. Press mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 20 minutes.
- For the topping, beat the eggs until frothy, then add the remaining date puree. Fold in the self-raising flour, pecans and coconut. Mix well.
- Spread mixture over the warm base and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- When cool, slice into 16 pieces, sprinkle with cinnamon and decorate with extra crushed pecans if you like.
- One piece is one serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days, or freeze for up to 2 months.
150 calories per serve
Are you ready to kick-start your weight loss?
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more about joining the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for £1 click here.