5 ingredient homemade Easter eggs
Here’s a great recipe to make in time for Easter that the kids can help you with.
Making your own Easter eggs is a fun activity, but it also means you’re leaving out a ton of the added sugar that come with store bought eggs.
Why not make a double batch of these and package them up to give as gifts to relatives or neighbours?
You can also try your hand at our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge healthy homemade hot cross buns!
Ingredients (makes 6)
- 1/3 cup rolled oats (30g)
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut (22g)
- 1 tbsp honey (15ml)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (2.5ml)
- 1 tsp water (5ml)
- 50g dark chocolate (70% cacao or higher)
- Assorted decorations (optional)
- Line a tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Blitz oats, coconut, honey, vanilla and water in a food processor.
- Mould mixture into 6 egg shapes and place in the freezer to firm up.
- Once frozen, melt chocolate using your preferred method and dip eggs into chocolate.
- Place on a tray lined with baking paper and then decorate quickly before the chocolate sets using your chosen decorations.
- Place in the fridge to set.
- Keep stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
81 calories each, before decorations added
Are you ready to kick-start your weight loss?
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more about joining the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for £1 click here.