It’s Mother’s Day on Sunday, ladies!
Who’s going to be putting their feet up while their kids run around after them? While this post is probably more for your partner, it is a perfect time to discuss some healthy but delicious breakfast options, all thanks to the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Mother’s Day Breakfast
Breakfast is an incredibly important part of a weight loss program and healthy eating lifestyle. It is what starts your metabolism and sets you up in a positive direction for the day.
We’ve pulled together some of our easiest and quickest breakfast recipes your kids (or partner) to make for you while you have a lie in!
(All five of these suggestions can be partially or completely cooked by a child – with some adult supervision, i.e. your partner not YOU).
1. Wholemeal Pancakes With Ricotta And Stewed Fruit
- 1 cup of wholemeal self-raising flour (120g)
- 1 cup of milk (250ml)
- 1 egg (50g)
- Oil spray
Mix the ingredients together and use the oil spray to coat a pan and cook the mixture for a few minutes on each side. Kids need help with using the stove but can mix the mixture themselves.
An easy way to make some stewed fruit is by using tinned fruit which is contained in natural juice (not syrup), or some frozen berries. You can either heat it up in a pan or microwave and serve. The kids may need a little help with heating.
Try using deli bought cheese for a thicker consistency. Mix some cinnamon or crushed nuts for additional texture and flavour.
For lots of healthy pancake ideas, check out our favourite pancake recipes here.
2. Yogurt And Granola With Fruit
Your partner can put the ingredients out on a table and your children can throw it all together.
A suggested order is:
- 1/3 cup muesli, rolled oats, or pre-made Gluten Free Granola
- 3 tbsp of reduced fat yogurt
- Some fruit such as berries, sliced banana (or see pancakes for suggestions with stewed fruit).
- Sprinkle with some cinnamon and drizzle with some honey for a little additional excitement.
3. Boiled Eggs
Boiled eggs are one of the easiest ways to cook eggs and the healthiest as there is no introduction of fats while cooking.
Get your partner to help the kids with the water (and coffee!) and the kids can make the wholegrain toast.
4. Wholegrain Toast With Avocado and Marmite
If the kids are capable of using a toaster then they can do this completely solo.
Toast the wholegrain toast. Spread on a little Marmite and top with some fresh avocado slices.
5. A Healthy Mummy Smoothie
Of course this is one of the quickest and easiest option for your child to create as well!
To make it a little more gourmet for a Mother’s Day breakfast try this recipe for a Sneaky Snickers Warm Smoothie.
Purchase your Healthy Mummy Smoothies here.
Are you ready to kick-start your weight loss?
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more about joining the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for £1 click here.