A huge thank you to 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Lana Guyett who has shared this simple risotto recipe with us.
We love that it’s a ‘throw it all in the pot’ style recipe, so you don’t have to stand over the pan for the duration of the cooking!
All those hidden veggies mean it’s a healthy option for the whole family. Perfect served with a light green salad on the side. Feel free to use vegetable stock if you’d like to make this meal vegetarian.
And here’s a tip – this recipe can be frozen in single serves and then defrosted for another meal.
We love a good risotto on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Join today to access recipes such as Sweet Potato and Pea Risotto, Chicken and Leek Risotto or Bacon Spinach and Tomato Risotto to name a few.
Italian tomato and spinach risotto
- 2 medium brown onions, sliced (200 grams)
- 1 tsp olive oil (5 mls)
- 250 grams courgette, finely chopped or grated
- 1.5 cups arborio rice, uncooked (240 grams)
- 4.5 cups low-sodium chicken stock (1125 mls)
- 3 tsp mixed herbs (1.5 grams)
- 400 grams tinned diced tomatoes
- 4 cups baby leaf spinach (120 grams)
- 1/2 cup cheese, grated (72 grams)
- 4 tbsp tomato paste (60 ml)
- Finely slice the onions and brown them in the pan with the oil.
- Add courgette to pan once onion is browned.
- Add mixed herbs and cook for a minute.
- Add rice and cook for a minute.
- Add chopped spinach, stock, tomato paste, and tinned tomatoes to the pan and stir.
- Simmer and stir occasionally.
- Once rice is cooked and liquid evaporated add the cheese and stir until mixed through, then serve.
More on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge – Join Now For Only £1!
Want access to thousands and thousands MORE healthy recipes just like these? Then be sure to check out our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and lose the baby weight.
Every week you are given a different meal plan to follow and each month we add 100+ NEW recipes to our Challenge Recipe Hub. That way, you’ll never get bored and stay on weight loss track while digging into healthy, yummy recipes.
Learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.