Kaire Konton-Smith, a busy mum of 2 from Scotland, has successfully lost 14lb thanks to the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
And Kaire is PUMPED about February’s 15 Minute Meal Prep theme for the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, as it helps her get food on the table FAST.
Kaire says: “As a busy working mum it’s super important I have the meals prepped and cooked as quickly as possible. So I am really glad the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge meals can be made fast, and I’m super excited about the new 15 Minute Meal Prep Challenge”.
Let’s see what she has been cooking! PLUS we’re sharing Kaire’s favourite recipe in full below, so that you can try it out for yourself.
Why Kaire loves FAST meals
“My husband works shifts and I am often on my own trying to entertain the kids while getting the dinner sorted – it’s like competing with a couple of ticking bombs – it’s best to be faster than their favourite TV program!”
Kaire gets the kids to lend a hand
Kaire adds: “Since joining the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, the kids are keen to get involved with meal prep and cooking.
They love making their own pizzas using the pitta breads as a base. The other day we all made the Ham, Spinach and Feta pizzas from the app together.
I prepared the ingredients and the kids had good fun adding all toppings onto their individual pizzas.
Took us less than 15 minutes including the cooking time and they both proudly ate their pizzas for dinner.
I tend to get them involved with cooking as often as possible – it has definitely helped as they aren’t as fussy about food now as they were before I joined the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.”
Kaire’s family love this Ham Spinach and Feta Pizza
So we thought we would share the recipe with you so that you can try it out for yourself! Meals don’t get much easier than this, thanks to the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Ingredients (serves 4 people)
- 4 medium medium wholemeal pitta breads (260 grams)
- 1 cup tomato passata (250 mls)
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil leaves (20 grams)
- 12 slices lean smoked ham (240 grams)
- 4 tomatoes (400 grams)
- 120 grams reduced-fat feta
- 4 cups baby leaf spinach (120 grams)
- Preheat oven to 200C / gas mark 6.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place pitta bread on the baking tray, spread with the passata and top with baby leaf spinach, tomato, ham and basil leaves.
- Crumble feta cheese over the top and bake for 10 minutes until golden and crisp then serve.
Serves 4 people at 343 calories per serve
Kaire’s other favourite 15 minute meals
Some other favourite fast dinners of Kaire’s are the Spanish Rice with Chorizo, pitta pizzas with ALL sorts of toppings, Stovetop Lasagne, and stir fries like this one pictured above from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipe hub.
Just like Kaire, members can use the Healthy Mummy app to get access to THOUSANDS of recipes to help you on your weight loss journey.
You can read more about Kaire and her weight loss success story here.
Want over 4,000 recipes for healthy eating? Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.