Getting organised with your food shopping and preparing food in advance for the week has SO MANY benefits, which Sarah can attest to.
Sarah loves how meal prep keeps her on track
Sarah says, ‘What can I say? I love meal prep! I love how much time and money it saves me and I love knowing I have filled my fridge/freezer with nutritious meals from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge that are suitable for the whole family!’
Make the challenge even easier with meal prep
If you want to lose weight, you’ll know that you need to focus on what goes in your mouth. That’s why Sarah went to town on her meal prep on the weekend – she wanted to ensure she started this month’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge on the right foot!
Sarah says, ‘This meal prep will keep me on track on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
It has been the last day of the school holidays and will be all go go go from tomorrow. So I needed to ensure I was well prepared for squeezing school and extracurricular activities back into our lives.’
Sarah made 85 serves of meals and snacks for £123
All we can say is WOW. Sarah really went for it and got in the zone, with the frying pan, oven, and mixer all on the go at once!
‘Today I made 85 serves of main meals and snacks from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for just under £123, that’s less than £1.45 per serve.’
Sarah had some ingredients on hand already, the rest she picked up from the supermarket and butcher.
These are the main meals that Sarah made:
- 12 serves Devilled Sausages
- 8 serves Mexican Lasagne
- 8 serves Lemon Garlic Chicken
- 6 serves Hoisin Pork
- 6 serves Crustless Kale Quiche
- 4 serves Ratatouille Lasagna (I used tagliatelle)
- 10 serves Chicken and Asparagus Muffins
- 10 serves Peanut Butter and Banana Breakfast Bars
- 9 serves Asian Pork and Veggie Rice Balls
- 8 serves Strawberry (and banana) Oatmeal Bars (these went down a treat at the weekend – had to make some more!)
- 4 serves Creme Brulee
It took Sarah 3.5 hours to make all of this. But just think how much time she is saving, not having to make dinner every night! And not having to clean the kitchen every night!
Sarah also stocked up on snacks for herself and her family
Sarah says, ‘My snack preparation came about whilst I was waiting on my week 1 food delivery to come from Sainsbury’s.
The children were keen to make some 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge snacks so we decided to raid the cupboards, empty the fridge and see what we could pull together.’
These are the snacks that Sarah made:
- 24 serves Choc Chip Banana Muffins
- 22 serves Date and Coconut Loaf
- 22 serves Chocolate Weetabix Slice
- 8 serves Strawberry and Banana Oatmeal Slice
- 4 serves Courgette and Bacon Slice
‘All from ingredients already in the fridge, freezer or pantry!’ says Sarah. This is so thrifty Sarah! The snacks took Sarah about 2 hours to prepare.
Use the recipe hub to make snacks from what you have on hand
If you have some rogue ingredients in the pantry, just jump onto the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipe hub where you can search for a recipe to make.
For instance you might search an ingredient like ‘oats’ and then select ‘snacks’ and ‘5 and under’ – which will bring up TWENTY EIGHT snack recipes that a) contain oats and b) have 5 or less ingredients. That’s how easy the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipe hub is!
What are you going to meal prep today? Why not read our guide here for meal prepping when you don’t know where to start.
Lose weight by meal prepping
Like Sarah, you can meal prep your way to weight loss with the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. When you’ve got a kitchen full of healthy food, there’s no temptation to opt for a take away pizza or a muffin from the cafe.
Join thousands of mums on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
If you are on a mission to tackle your weight and overhaul your health – then our Challenge can help!
Our Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- New CHALLENGE THEME each month – so you’ll NEVER get bored
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!
- Find out more of join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge here.