We love bananas here at the Healthy Mummy HQ. Frozen ones in a Healthy Mummy Smoothie (for extra creaminess), ripe ones in a muffin or banana bread for breakfast, even just sliced on some sourdough toast with some nut butter – bananas are one versatile fruit.
Lots of our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge members tell us that they will often pick up a load of bananas when they’re on sale, peel, chop and freeze them to use in recipes later on.
We think that’s a fab idea and with that in mind, we bring you eight of the BEST banana recipes from the Healthy Mummy. Pop these on your to-do list when you’ve got some bananas in the fruit bowl or freezer.
8 of the BEST healthy banana recipes
1. Three ingredient peanut butter and banana bars
Peanut butter and bananas are a match made in heaven. Enjoy this classic combo with these easy-to-bake bars.
2. Healthy No Bake Banana Fudge
Mmmm fudge! Whip up a healthy sweet treat with this quick and easy fudge recipe.
3. Banana, Oat and Vanilla Smoothie
It’s hard to beat a classic banana smoothie BUT we think this pimped up version might just do it.
4. Banana, Raspberry and Choc Chip Muffins
For a healthy snack under 100 calories, these Banana, Raspberry And Chocolate Chip Muffins are perfect. They’re ideal for lunch boxes as well!
5. Slow Cooked Maple Banana French Toast
This family favourite gets a healthy (and delicious) makeover.
6. Hot Chocolate Smoothie Bowl
Looking for a rich and warming breakfast? Look no further than this hot chocolate smoothie bowl. YUM!
7. Breakfast Muffins
The perfect grab-and-go breakfast for busy little (and big) people.
8. Choc-Banana Loaf with Chocolate Cream Frosting
We know we said recipes that AREN’T banana bread but this rich and delicious loaf really deserves a mention.
Want access to more healthy recipes?
Check out the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. With over 4,000 recipes, 350 fat burning exercises and 24/7 support, The Healthy Mummy can help YOU hit your goal weight faster.
Our Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- New CHALLENGE THEME each month – so you’ll NEVER get bored
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!