Hi – My name is Rhian and as well as being a busy mum of 2 little young boys – I am also the founder of The Healthy Mummy and the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge which I am super proud to say is transforming the lives of millions of mums all over the world.
The Healthy Mummy is a health and weight loss program created for busy mums. It all started back in 2010 when I was pregnant and wanted to create a supportive and holistic program for mums. And now millions of mums use our famous 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and Healthy Mummy Smoothies every day!
Check out Melissa Timmer below and her 5.9st transformation!
82 sweet treats without added white sugar
One of the BIG things I like to do and show mums is that healthy eating doesn’t need to be boring! You can still have sweet treats while on our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge without the guilt or added calories.
So today, I did a little meal prep and made 82 sweet snacks to last my family for a month.
82 sweet snacks all without white sugar
The Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge meals are designed with a holistic approach, with no food group being cut out, everything in moderation and the most importantly, delicious!
This took me 2 hours to do which means I don’t have to cook again for the week (think: lunch box fillers) and because I’m cooking in bulk, I’m saving so much money – so although it is hard work – it is 100% worth it!
- I made 82 serves of snacks
- All low in calories compared to store-bought snacks
- All snacks are made WITHOUT white table sugar
- All food is healthy and yummy
What I made
All the food is from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and you can see over 4,000 recipes in the challenge when you join.
A few of the recipes are shown below so you can check them out straight away (the rest are found in the recipe hub for members).
Chocolate Orange Nut Bites
Coconut Cashew Bites
Find loads of bliss ball recipes here
Oat and Cacao Cookies
Coconut Date Loaf
Chocolate Mini Muffins
Chocolate Berry Layer Cake
Find the recipe HERE!
Layered Nut Slice
Prep time 260 mins
Requires overnight prep
- ¾ cup cashews (90g)
- 2/3 cup ground almonds (100g)
- ½ cup desiccated coconut (50g)
- 4 tbsp coconut oil (60ml)
- 2/3 cup Medjool dates (120g)
- 1 tbsp cacao/cocoa powder (8g)
- ½ cup almond butter (80g)
- 3 tbsp warm water (45ml)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- Cover the cashews in water and soak overnight. Drain when ready to prepare the slice.
- Line a small rectangular container (approximately 13cm x 19.5cm) that has a lid, with baking
- To make the first layer, place the cashews, ground almonds, coconut and one tablespoon
of the coconut oil in a food processor and blend until a thick dough forms. Press this into the base
of the container, set aside while you prepare the next layer.
- To make the second layer, place the dates, cacao/cocoa powder, almond butter, remaining
coconut oil, a pinch of salt, and the water into a food processor and blend until it’s smooth and
creamy. Place this mixture on top of the other layer prepared previously. It can be a little sticky
but if you wet your fingers you will be able to spread evenly pressing on top of the other layer
without it sticking to your fingers.
- To make the third layer, sprinkle the finely chopped hazelnuts evenly over the top and then place
in the fridge for 4 hours.
- Remove from the container by pulling out the baking paper and then cut into 14 pieces. One
piece is one serve.
- Store leftovers in the container in the fridge for up to a week or freeze for up to 3 months.
My 5 tips on how to reduce sugar from your diet
- Start slowly and methodically to avoid the pain of ‘detoxing’ and cravings. Taking each step a week or two weeks at a time. The slower you do it the more likely the change will stick.
- Instead of buying pre-made sauces, which is laced with sugar, make your own. Try our recipes for pasta with homemade sauce for a healthier pasta dish with no artificial nasties, and it’s great for the whole family too!
- Choose plain yogurt over flavoured. Some reduced-fat yogurts have additional sugar added to them and more specifically it is the flavoured yogurts that have an even higher sugar content and often calorie content.
- Avoid soft drinks! Start by sipping on fizzy water with lemon or some other fruit to try and wean yourself off, and by day 7 it should be a lot easier.
- Prep prep prep and plan plan plan so that you don’t fall into any traps or tricky situations.
Are you ready to kick-start your weight loss?
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more about joining the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for £1 click here.